Friday 30 September 2016

Milan taste experience part 1

I have to admid that I am about to write a review of a restaurant I know the owner.

photo by Dogan del Buongusto
Few years ago I got this very shy invitation from a young man who has a finnish mother and an italian father. Just to go to his restaurant for a free of charge wine tasting.
Free? What? Yes.
The wine was totally free. Few small glasses to taste some new label, he intended to add his collection of over 300 labels. Dogana del Buongusto actually holds theme evenings that varies of diner with a crime, inglish aperitif, pro wine tasting, just to mention few out of many.

I had my free wine I added to a dish of lovely Burrata and some other cheese plus ham and so I learned to know a lovely old place in a heart of Milan close to everything.
Just a walk distance from Duomo or from Navigli to give an idea how centre location this place have.

That is how I met Niccolo at Dogana del Buongusto. A new concept of cooking with a strong Italian tradition in it. Our friendship was sealed.
When ever I have guests I bring them to Niccolo, and each time they are enthusiastic.
(I have a sort of feeling they go there later on secretly without me, bringing new friends)

Life is about helping people and if this what I write about Niccolo and his exlusive dining helps him anyway I can only be happy.
We do not have any deal out of advertise his restaurant ro products. Not that I know about.

Last night I went there with a friend of mine who came to visit us from Rome.
Our daughters study together in the same university faculty and we as mothers like to talk how proud we are about them. And in an Italian way that happens in a diner table.
In my hometown I kind of feel I have to show the best there is and last night I brought my friend to Dogana del Buongusto.

As a starter we took wild ham trio that included boar, rendeer and deer.
My friend took mushroom and pork paste testaroli pasta, while I kept that wild thing with goose ragu home made fettucine pasta. And as a dessert we shared carrot and cheese cake.

Besides of the friendliness of all waiters and sommelier, the perfect timing and explanations of each portion and wine we took, we also had some small appetizers between each meal.

Photo by author march 2016
The table next to us took Cotoletta alla Milanese, that was huge.
Dogana del Buongusto is concidered as one of the best places where to eat one in Milan, according to other blogs that write about food and wine.
I know that Niccolo also makes gourmet hamburgers for lunch I so often go to eat.
And I noticed some dishes for those that follow  vegan diet.

On our way back home we talked how Niccolo has been able to create a kind of experience of taste that is uncommon in many restaurants.
I start with one taste and in the end of the diner I had a whole tour.

Please, feel free to invite me when ever you plan a diner at Dogana del Buongusto.


http://www.ladoganadelbuongusto.it

No comments:

Post a Comment