Thursday 8 September 2016

Kangaroos

I love animals. I love all the animals. But I have this feeling with kangaroos. And luckily I had a possibility to have very close contact with them on my trip to Australia. 

First meeting with the kangaroos was at Cairns where I went for a snorkelling trip at the Great Barrier Reef with my cousin. 
One day we went to this Tjapukai Aborigine Park, that is totally a touristic trap, but interesting place to visit. On a top of a hill there is this huge area with Australian wildlife, such as koalas, and kangaroos. 

We bought some kangaroo food, but these poor animals were so over fed that they didn't want to know anything about our symphatetic gesture to feed them. But I saw "my kangaroos"
Besides of the kangaroos and koalas, the park offers other activity, such as sight seeing with a guide in a special van that goes in mainland as well as in the water. And that was exciting. 
Then we met the aborigine culture, learned to throw a boomerang and watched aborigine dancing show.  


http://www.tjapukai.com.au




At my stay near Sydney with my cousin's family gave me an estraordinary opportunity to visit many national parks. One day we drew over to Canberra, that stands for Australia's Capital. Near Canberra there is this beautiful Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve where all the animals are kept free. 


I had hard time leaving the park. As a matter of fact, the park ranger needed to come and seek for us so that he could close the park and get home for diner. 


http://www.tidbinbilla.act.gov.au


Then the last kangaroo experience I had was probably also the best one. Near Sydney along the cost line towards south at Helensburg there is this small animal park called Symbiozoo; a bit like a zoo, where it is possible to meet kangaroos. 



I had a very special board meeting with kangaroos about the food they sell there. These kangaroos were attracted by the Cairns kangaroo food I had very little as a left over. We had to decide how to get some more of it.  
And the only way would be me going back to Australia, visit Cairns and bring a lots of kangaroo food with me. 




If you go there before me, bring some food to these guys 

There are moms with babies too. 

http://symbiozoo.com.au















Now I am an active follower of "kangaroo Dundee  at Facebook  starring Brolga Barns and it is located some where near Alice Springs; my next Aussie visit.
https://www.facebook.com/kangaroodundeefanpage/?fref=ts



Feel free to leave a comment behind and tell me about your kangaroo experience. 

All photos are shot by author, and I'll be pleased if you'd ask my permission to share them. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! I also love kangaroos and seeing them wild in the nature was definitely among the highlights of Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much !!! Australia is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete