Tuesday 30 August 2016

Airline Companies, part 6: Low cost airline carriers

This is probably the part that interest most readers. Low cost airlines




photo www.ilgiornale.it
Ryan Air, that is another Irish airline company has just reasently started few flights from Milan Malpensa, but it flights in such odd places to me I have really low interest by taking it. I used to fligh a lot with Ryan Air when it had campaigns of 2€ flights taxes included. I really troubled of waking up at 4 am, drive to Orio al Serio near Bergamo, and flight to Ibiza for 5€. But make me take a flight to Luton sit 2h in a bus or in a train to get to London, I calculated that it would then cost me just as much as the British Airlines offer to Heathrow. And with the tube I'm in down town.  Ryan Air gives nothing at all and it has no companies with whom they co-operate. So no points to be earned. I have consumed seats with Ryan Air and I have got just what I payed for. Their website nerves me of. If I want to book a flight I have to be really really fast unless I want to get kicked out in the middle of the transaction. Then it asks several time a this stupid code to make sure I am not a machine. It is so difficult to book a flight so that I'm ready with other airline companies before I even get started with Ryan Air. Just to give you an example: My sister tried to book a flight from Tampere to Milan Orio al Serio with her partner and two minors, and she lost the best deals because the website went off due to exceed the time limit they give for transactions. 
https://www.ryanair.com




Photo wizzair.com
Te Hungarian Wizz Air has the most peculiar club to customers. First of all the webdesing is really complicate. Once you get through of what you want, such as membership, then follows up that your booking doesn't acccept your membership if someone else pays for your ticket. Usually the person who travels with the company has the benefit, not the one who pays for it. Otherwise all the companies who pay for their employees shoud earn points and no one flights awards since they are not real persons. Like Siemens. How do you give award flights to Siemens?
What I appreciated of Wizz Air was their security and the fact that they seem to know EU law regulations pretty well. For the very first time anyone travelling with minors was asked to show the permission of the other parent and the family status.
Anyone could actually kidnap a kid and go anywhere because only few airline companies pay attention to such important matter. My flights were from Milan Orio al Serio to Prague and back home. https://wizzair.com


Air Baltic I once took from Milan to Helsinki wasn't that bad at all. Nowadays their price to Helsinki are higher than what Finnair for example suggest. Each stop over makes you spend nearly 20€ more for food and beverage. Why not include it to the trip from the very beginning and figure out that the most expensive flight turns out to be the cheapest one. This company is not cheap, although their newsletter promises flights starting from 15€. Nor are their flights are combined. Flights are also too close with landing  and departure time and so that you really need to add an insurance (read: more extra fee) or it could also happen that some connecting flights departure day after, witch requires night in a hotel 
(read: extra expenses) https://www.airbaltic.com




photo www.airberlin.com
Air Berlin, I took some years ago, from Milan to Helsinki actually had really a good deal: We could buy the higher category at top bonus programme and profit some benefits, such as bring bicykles or surf boards for free. There is no such deal today. Nor is there a possibility to book a flight directly from their website from Milan to Helsinki. First I need to book a flight to any German city and try to connect it to a flight from that city to Helsinki. Pretty complicated. And this actually pisses me off, because Air Berlin is doing co operation with Finnair and Etihad and I never manage to use my points in award flights. Unless I decide to fly to Berlin. 
No food, nor beverage will be served. That was the politics at least few years ago. 
https://www.airberlin.com





photo www.theaustralian.com.au
Tiger Air that I took for my flight from Cairns to Sydney was similar to our very own Irish Ryan Air. Very similar with tight schedule. First of all it required printed ticket, becuse the electronic one wasn't allowed. They mentioned that check-in desk would close 45 minutes before departure, while it actually closed 60 minutes before. That could cause some real trouble to the passengers. Not fair politics. Flight went well and we pre ordered food to go. I must admit that this company made me feel hilarious because of all that tiger stuf.  http://www.tigerair.com

Let me know how your low cost experiences went. Leave a comment behind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment