Thursday 13 April 2017

queuing experience

I love shopping

But I don't consider myself as a shopaholic. Nor I am a fashion victim. 
Just to buy something useful when I am visiting one place or another. 
And I am not talking about souvenirs. 

At one of my visits to Amsterdam, I desperately needed linen trousers and I found them in one of those huge concerns that have stores in every country. First thing that I noticed was a leak of personal. Second one that although there were several fitting rooms, they were not available for the use of customers. So I needed to queue among many other disappointed customers. And finally at the cash desk; huge queues and only one serving person. I spent more time queueing than choosing, fitting and paying the item. 


https://www.123rf.com



These shop owners are not poor, and they would make more money if they would make selling items more efficient  I understand that in some cases the local laws and taxes prohibit the opportunity to hire more personal in order to make selling more efficient, but I don't understand those governments that makes laws so complicate people queue while others stay unemployed at home. 

Let's just make a good example out of few airline companies. No lines to drop of luggage. No lines to get in to the aircraft due to the organisation of letters in the ticket: A goes first and Z are last. This does not apply to Latin Countries where no one reads further than the first word. 

After shopping I get thirsty and hungry. 
In many countries food availability is limited. 

http://albial.com


If I am hungry at 4pm in some of the cases the only solution is to eat fast-food in a food chain that I can easily get at home too, making me miss all the local experiences. 
Right. I should stay at home if I can't accept the local customs. 
I might virtually visit Cappella Sistine from Youtube and let these restaurant keepers lose customers and tourists heading to countries where all this is possible. 
This might have to do again with local laws ant taxes that are made difficult to be flexible. 
But honestly: If I go to a concert at 8pm there is no time to dine before it and after the concert restaurants are closed again. Not to mention the queue I need to get concert tickets or to get in to the Concert Hall or it's cloakroom. 
Just to give you an idea. Rome has introduced non-stop food in nearly every restaurant at the down town area. No matter what time I'm hungry I get real food. And I mean real. Like a steak. 
Perhaps not at 3 am. But most of the time. That makes me possible to visit the town itself, participate on tours and enjoy my opera with no fear of left alone with cold old sandwich. 

I loved visiting Greece, where even at midnight the restaurant keeper is happy to see me and cook for me. No one makes me feel like I'm trouble and they let me enjoy my supper with no hurrying up. 

http://www.comune.cesena.fc.it


Museums are a mystery to me. Why keep them open at the same time when people work? If a museum is open between 10 and 18 how locals ever see any exhibitions? They are working. And hardly no one wants to queue with tourists during the weekend. Keep them open at least until 10 pm. Give job to students and those that are unemployed. 
Make things efficient. 

https://it.dreamstime.com


I see daily huge queues at the Duomo of Milan and I wonder why there is a ticket office to be queued and then another queue to enter to the church. Why not queue once and thats it. Like at Colosseum in Rome. Once I have my tickets I'm let to go in. Sure: There is a queue to the security control, but it's really fast. 

We are queuing to every where and to every thing while we shouldn't. 
We need to queue to get a bus ticket and then we queue to get in and find a seat. 
We queue for a place in elevator and once out of office we queue to get out from Parking garage.  Every traffic light on our way back home is made to queue people. And if we need some groceries on our way back home, we need to make several queues at the supermarket unless we let robots to do human work. We queue for those robots too. 
It's time waisting and annoying. According Quoara an average american spend 2 years out of his entire life time only staying on line. That is more than taking maternity leave, or sick leave. 
http://www.jchendrick.ie/




If I think of me travelling to Paris and then I need to queue for several hours in different lines to visit one place, I have a tour with Youtube. At home. And it's a pity. I had such a situation visiting Paris and Tour Eiffel: 3 hours of queue because one of the elevators didn't function. That was my visiting Paris. No food, no other place of interest. Just a long queue. 

Let's not mention car hire or banks. Why in the heavens name I need to book my car on-line if then I need to line up for an hour while one person in the whole airport handles queueing customers. 
The bank opening hours are in some countries way out of hands. In many countries there is no possibilities to exchange currency after 4 pm nor in the weekend. Bank should make money. Not hide from it. 

We need to queue for so many things during the day, so why complicate life to make more queues while on vacation. Hire personal and earn more money/time. 
It works, believe me. 

So hire me and skip the queues at your next trip to Milan. 
Group reservations at www.kairos-travel.eu

No comments:

Post a Comment